2014年8月24日 星期日

Living by learning

Bare with me. I don't have Chinese to type.

Few days ago, when I was cooking something on the camp fire, a friend of mine asked me what do I think about the course Climate Change Leadership.
I said this course helps me to learn more about myself and the constantly changing world. At frist, I can not come up with some straight forward answers, which are the things I have been thinking about for a long time. I felt rich inside my heart, but I can not say it precisely.

At the same day, I handed in my last assignment of this course. This is actually a revision. I have two assignments needed to be revisied. It took me some time to be positive to face it and rewrite my assignments. The main problem in my assignment is that I did not respond to the questions asked in the introduction, which I later found out I would feel disappointed if I can pass this course with assignments like these. I appreciate that my course cooridnators gave me a second chance.

After I finished all my works, I did ask myself what I have learned from this course. Then, a intuistic idea came to my mind. That is, living by learning. What does climate change bring to us? What does human reactions, all those climate change conferances, and the justice, the humanity within the idea,,, teach us?

The free atmosphere creates by corridnators and my classmates make me feel this class is different. Different to a point I can find myself's existence in the world. So that I had more time to reflect on my own life and other people's world.

"Leadership", a concept I didn't understand before. Now, I have a different feeling for it. It doesn't mean to be a leader. It doesn't mean one needs to have certain degree. Not to say it needs someone to do super important thing. Instead, it means to excercise one's influence on others, even just influencing a person around you. For things we want to change, and for things we see can be done better in this world. Leadership is not only about facing other. It is also about improving oneself. Try hard to understand oneself, create one's leadership style and reflect on one's connection to this world.

The world is changing. The perdiction or the solution we make may not always be what we understand. Uncertainty may be seen as a chance rather than a difficulty.  

沒有留言:

張貼留言